Monday, September 15, 2008

My New Home

St. Basil's...with Freckles?
Some friends and I were out walking around Moscow, and I just thought this was a really neat picture of St. Basil's in Red Square...my camera, on the other hand, thought it was lame and sabotaged it.

The Metro

This is just one of the beautiful metro stations I go in every week. They're typically crowded with people though. Metro stations are perfect places to people-watch. Hilarity ensues.

My Room

This is my room from the doorway. My window faces out onto the street, and evidently everyone who has lived in it hates all the noise and consequently moves to a different room/flat. I, however, fell in love with the noise of the city, so this room and I are a perfect fit. You can't really tell, but the room is very, very long, but not very wide. About 20 ft. x 7ft.

My Bed.

This, quite obviously, is my bed. It has a race car comforter (either that, or it's some awful 1980's mess). It was free, it was clean, so I took it. I don't think you can really tell, but above my bed are some pictures I sporadically collected before I left. Send me pictures, and they will go up there too.

THE WALLPAPER!!!

This is the wallpaper I told you about. Note the lovely garden-like ivy AND the brick--the raised brick. Ridiculous. I love it.

The Kitchen Table

This, ladies and gentlemen, is where it all happens. Actually, you can tell that we don't often use it for the dining table it was meant to be. Anyway, this is how most flats are. There is room for 2, sometimes 3 people to sit comfortably in the kitchen. 4 or 5 people if you cram.


The Other Half of the KitchenI think this is self-explanatory.

You've just had the mini-grand tour of my flat here. It's special.

This is a typical Soviet-style apartment here. Everything is old, and I love it.

9 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mits said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jon Marc said...

How lovely! The wallpaper really is sweet :-). Enjoy the Red Square at night for me!

Elias said...

so cool! it looks old but comfy
-jason

Anastasia said...

I. MISS. RUSSIA.

Also, why is there a baby sock on the table in your room?

Anastasia said...

P.S. That wallpaper is fierce.

erin* said...

I hope you put that studly picture of studly California men I sent to you up.

i lurve you!

Anonymous said...

hey dear!!! loved the tour of your "New place". Glad that you're a good fit together!!! We miss you at home, but are rejoicing in your happiness!! I love you so much, and think of you all the time (especially when I had a soy apricot tea latte the other day...it wasn't as good without you!) love,
mary

MJ Millenium said...

I miss Russia sooooo much. If only I could go back there. I spent my first 8 years there, you know. Although "I spent most of my time occupying various administration buildings and..."

On second thought. Russia is a cruel cruel place. Leave it for the Russians.